Experienced Electrical Engineer (Seattle, WA)
FSi Engineers is seeking a Registered Professional Electrical Engineer with 5-15 years of experience in the Commercial and Light Industrial markets. Experience includes utility service entrance power design, building facilities electrical power and lighting distribution design. Integration of building automation, lighting controls, communication, and network WAP/POE systems into electrical designs. Support mechanical engineer design of mechanical, plumbing and fire protection systems with electrical controls and power infrastructure.
Who We Are
FSi Engineers is an experienced MEP engineering firm that develops building mechanical systems that meet our clients’ unique needs and building functions. Our work is challenging, interesting and not cookie-cutter. We work with and have earned the trust of agencies across Washington since 1985. Our projects include school districts and colleges, wineries and food production facilities, industrial, aerospace, healthcare, life sciences, and transit. We push the envelope on sustainability and have a long history of identifying energy saving opportunities which gave us an early entry into design of high-performing buildings, LEED, and Living Building projects. Visit our website at www.fsi-engineers.com
FSi Engineers encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to workforce diversity, fostering and furthering a culture of inclusion, and creating equity across our organization. We are committed to equity and holding ourselves accountable for being inclusive and affirming to people of all backgrounds. We are better and stronger together because of the diverse perspectives we have here at FSi. We know that bringing diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives together drives innovation and creates a culture of creativity and respect.
$85,000 – $115,000 per year
- 5-15 years of electrical engineering experience in the commercial and light industrial markets (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited course of study in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit, Bluebeam, fire alarm design, electrical power/controls design, lighting design software, CAT or Cummins generator sizer programs
- Professional Engineer license preferred
- Understanding of Constructions Standards Institutes specification format
- Ability to identify typical manufacturer’s product data, organize
- Responsible for possessing good writing and communication skills, and knowledge of local agency standards and NEC 2020
We recognize that education is important but also understand that experience can be equally important. We consider a combination of education and experience and encourage individuals of all levels of education/experience to apply.
- Conducts business in a respectful and productive manner and strong ability to work with people from all backgrounds
- Production support needs are handled in a timely fashion so that the team continues to operate and meet goals
- Bring about successful implementation of new product through successful design and test work
- Foster good working relationships with all personnel
Responsibilities and Expectations
(other duties may be assigned)
- Coordinates with mechanical engineering team to ensure accurate completion of projects and promotes growth and development within the team.
- Coordinates with other employees in the Electrical Engineering Department.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and upholds FSi’s vision, values, and purpose that align with FSi’s policies and applicable laws.
- Design electrical lighting, power layout, and communication for various projects.
- Design engineering for lighting calculations, surveying, and power requirements.
- Design electrical power for facilities including sizing of generators, writing load letters to utility companies, laying out lighting per applicable standards, and developing fire detection system including smoke detectors, fire life safety system, pull stations, and emergency exit signs.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the architecture and engineering design process, and specifications leading to construction documents.
- Ability to redline designs using Bluebeam. Minor edits using AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Supervise or coordinate the work of designers, CAD drafters and other technical support personnel.
- Possesses experience in the design of commercial buildings, industrial plants and warehouses, airports, ferries, schools, and/or universities or similar.
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Supervise electrical design production to ensure work is performed in an accurate manner.
- Prepare fee proposals for engineering services for clients.
- Maintain contact with vendors and suppliers via telephone and in person, and evaluate their products.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding application of products.
- Meet project milestones.
- Estimate and work within the allotted hours for tasks and ensures others under your supervision stay within their allotted hours for their tasks.
- Effectively identify and convey to the project manager the resources required for your tasks, including staffing, experience level, and oversight.
- Training new employees and directing work of technical staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities
- Demonstrates independent judgment to apply and design to current electrical standards
- Time management
- Interpersonal relations and professionalism
- Ability to work alone and in a teamwork environment and willing to help team when needed
- Ability to take and provide constructive criticism
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to access various building locations for field inspection. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to visually identify components in the field relating to their engineering scope.
- Flexible working hours/hybrid work model
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employee and dependents
- Inclusive paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick pay
- Paid community service days
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) is provided for all employees
- Educational fees assistance
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
FSi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities for employment and comply with all applicable laws. We explicitly prohibit any offensive behavior and we do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We base all employment decisions on merit, competence, skills, qualifications, performance, improvement, and business needs. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any employee, leader, or those we work with based on non-work related personal characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, ethnic origin, social origin, family or marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran’s status, military service, or any other classification protected by law.