Join Our Team
FSi consulting engineers is growing, and looking for an experienced mechanical engineer ready to join a firm that values and rewards proactivity. As part of the FSi team, you will have opportunities to grow and develop your personal and technical skills and advance your career. FSi’s culture supports camaraderie and communication. Your contributions won’t be overlooked or unappreciated.
In our 30-year history, we have worked on a wide range of projects, and have been awarded design excellence awards and LEED Gold and Platinum ratings for our work. FSi is the prime consultant on many of our projects, giving you the opportunity to use and grow your project management skills. Our projects range from Boeing aircraft paint facilities to a LEED Platinum chocolate factory. Our clients include many public agencies and major companies in the Pacific Northwest. The work we do is unique, not a cookie cutter duplicate of past designs.
FSi is located in Seattle’s Pioneer Square. FSi offers a generous package of health insurance, flexible working hours, 401k, subsidized public transportation, and other benefits.
Mechanical Project Engineer
• HVAC and plumbing engineering
• Sustainable design
• BIM design
• Design-related client communication
• Design task management for projects
• Meeting and exceeding client expectations
• Mentoring less experienced engineers
• Work with principals on staffing, scope, and schedule issues
• Networking and developing business opportunities
• 6-12 years of experience designing building HVAC and plumbing systems
• BSME or equal
• PE and LEED AP preferred
• Demonstrated success managing design teams and client relationships
• Commitment to beating client expectations
• Experience providing investigation and construction period services
• Willingness/ability to communicate – both speaking and listening
• Willingness/ability to give and receive feedback
• Pacific Northwest experience preferred
• BIM experience is a plus
• Desire to create sustainable solutions and energy-conserving designs
Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply! FSi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other protected class.
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume here.