Experienced Mechanical Engineer (Seattle, WA)
FSi Engineers is seeking a mechanical engineer with 5-15 years of experience to be an integral part of our team of designers, engineers, and project managers to innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place.
We are an experienced MEP engineering firm that develops building mechanical systems that meet our clients’ unique needs and building functions. Our work is challenging, interesting and not cookie-cutter. We work with and have earned the trust of agencies across Washington since 1985. Our projects include school districts and colleges, wineries and food production facilities, industrial, aerospace, healthcare, life sciences, and transit. We push the envelope on sustainability and have a long history of identifying energy saving opportunities which gave us an early entry into design of high-performing buildings, LEED, and Living Building projects.
FSi Engineers encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to workforce diversity, fostering and furthering a culture of inclusion, and creating equity across our organization. We are committed to equity and holding ourselves accountable for being inclusive and affirming to people of all backgrounds. We are better and stronger together because of the diverse perspectives we have here at FSi. We know that bringing diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives together drives innovation and creates a culture of creativity and respect.
- Flexible working hours/hybrid work model
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employee and dependents
- Inclusive paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick pay
- Paid community service days
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) is provided for all employees
- Educational fees assistance
Education and Experience
- 5-15 years of mechanical, plumbing, or related experience (equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, CAD, and/or Revit a plus
- BS or higher from an accredited course of study in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- PE a plus
We recognize that education is important but also understand that experience can be equally important. We consider a combination of education and experience and encourage individuals of all levels of education/experience to apply.
- Conducts business in a respectful and productive manner and strong ability to work with people from all backgrounds
- Production support needs are handled in a timely fashion so that the team continues to operate and meet goals
- Bring about successful implementation of new product through successful design and test work
- Foster good working relationships with all personnel
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required of a Mechanical Engineer/Designer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Roles and Expectations
(other duties may be assigned)
- Meet project milestones
- Work within the allotted hours for his/her tasks, keep others under his/her supervision within their allotted hours for their tasks
- Achieve the utilization rates (proper ratio of billable/non-billable work) for self by actively seeking billable work and non-billable tasks
- Upon seeing a need for improvement in the office, add to list of non-billable tasks
- Maintain efficiency by looking ahead, seeing big picture and planning own work
- Estimate and effectively convey the resources (own time, any drafting and support time, and reviewer’s time) required for his/her tasks to the Project Manager; continue to refine estimation skills
- Help us exceed the client’s expectations by meeting or exceeding the Project Manager’s expectations
- Have courteous, helpful and responsive interaction with clients, create/develop relationships with peers inside the client’s organization
- Create/develop relationships with other consultants that are ongoing – turning them into (or keeping them as) a strong FSi supporter/promoter
- Effectively coordinate most of own work with others in the office, with our sub consultants, with our client and with the owner/user
- Follow and improve company standards and protocol (gracefully requesting and incorporating peer review of projects, timely archiving, etc.)
- Develop a client list and check-in on regular interval; keep eyes open for potential new clients
- Push self to grow/develop
- Maintain a positive attitude and help others to maintain theirs
- Have breakdowns, recognize them and start cleaning them up effectively
- Acknowledge, and give feedback to, those working on the projects
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned (or as self-assigned)
FSi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities for employment and comply with all applicable laws. We explicitly prohibit any offensive behavior and we do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We base all employment decisions on merit, competence, skills, qualifications, performance, improvement, and business needs. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any employee, leader, or those we work with based on non-work related personal characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, ethnic origin, social origin, family or marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran’s status, military service, or any other classification protected by law.