Marketing Coordinator (Seattle, WA or Baltimore, MD)
Are you organized and creative? An excellent writer of both persuasive and technical material? Interested in learning and growth? Join FSi Engineers’ team as a Marketing Coordinator!
We are an experienced MEP engineering firm that develops building mechanical systems that meet our clients’ unique needs and building functions. Our work is challenging, interesting, and not cookie-cutter. We work with and have earned the trust of clients across the country since 1985. industrial, aerospace, healthcare, life sciences, and transit clients. We push the envelope on sustainability and have a long history of identifying energy saving opportunities, which gave us an early entry into design of high-performing buildings, LEED, and Living Building projects. Visit our website at www.fsi-engineers.com.
FSi Engineers is a values-driven, sustainably-minded, community-focused engineering firm. Our culture values mentoring and coaching, and we support our staff in their personal and professional growth and development. We’re also a lot of fun.
As the Marketing Coordinator at FSi, you will be an integral part of our marketing and business development team, knowledgeable about our work and clients, and pitching in to support a wide range of marketing tasks and company functions. You will take ownership of researching and tracking project opportunities, documenting our work, developing and supporting qualifications packages, and ensuring everything we produce meets our brand standards with visual and verbal excellence. The Marketing Coordinator will have the opportunity to wear many hats and be involved in a wide range of projects.
The Marketing Coordinator will:
- Develop qualifications packages
- Coordinate with FSi staff and our subconsultants to develop targeted qualifications
- Create and update resumes, project descriptions, narratives, and related marketing materials
- Sort through large volumes of information, determine what is relevant, and formulate cohesive narratives
- Organize and lay out qualifications packages responding to requests for qualifications (RFQs) based on FSi’s templates and brand standards
- Identify and closely follow content and formatting requirements specific to each RFQ
- Provide QC review of documents prepared by others
- Track pursuits, materials, and outcomes in FSi’s database
- Research, track, and document projects throughout the marketing life cycle
- Identify and track potential project pursuits in FSi’s three geographic regions: Pacific NW, Inland NW, and Mid-Atlantic
- Maintain accurate information about our projects, including working with engineers to develop job descriptions and track statistics
- Track business development, marketing pursuits, and business development in FSi’s database
- Support FSi’s business development
- Make and track assignments
- Develop an understanding of our clients and their key staff, priorities, and areas of expertise
- Develop relationships with peers across the industry, including through meeting deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Participate in SMPS and other professional organizations and events
- Support FSi’s brand and public image
- Regularly review website for updates including blog posts and project updates
- Support FSi’s social media presence
- Actively support FSi’s Vision, Values, and Purpose
- Participate in one of seven teams supporting FSi’s strategic vision
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements
- Coach and mentor marketing staff and engineers
- Develop collaborative relationships with co-workers and clients
- Meet deadlines with quality work, paying close attention to detail
- Assist in carrying out FSi’s marketing plans
- Track marketing goals and organize the celebration of staff and company accomplishments
- Be committed to excellence. Own the results of your work, and the overall success of FSi.
- Be an asset to the marketing team, supporting our relationships, marketing materials, plans, and programs
- Be an asset to FSi, willing to pitch in to do what it takes to keep our company running smoothly, winning work, delighting clients, and building a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Work collaboratively with your teammates within the Marketing Department and the company overall
- Be a brand ambassador for FSi
- Align with, build, and be committed to the FSi vision, values, and purpose
- Be a self-starter
- Be proactive, independent, dependable, efficient, and creative
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including excellent command of grammar and punctuation rules
- Ability to write clearly and persuasively, and to incorporate technical information into written materials for a lay audience.
- Close attention to detail
- High level of proficiency with InDesign. Experience with other Adobe Creative Suite programs.
- Basic (or better) understanding of graphic design principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexibility to meet shifting priorities and to multi-task
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines with quality work
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Graphic Design, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
Bonus Points for Experience with:
- FileMaker Pro database software
- Graphic design
- Business development
- Engineering or the AEC industry
- Involvement with community organizations
- Flexible working hours/hybrid work model
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employee and dependents
- Inclusive paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick pay
- Paid community service days
- 401k retirement plan with company match
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) is provided for all employees
- Educational fees assistance
- Subsidized public transit
Tell us about you! Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com.
FSi Engineers encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to workforce diversity, fostering and furthering a culture of inclusion, and creating equity across our organization. We are committed to equity and holding ourselves accountable for being inclusive and affirming to people of all backgrounds. We are better and stronger together because of the diverse perspectives we have here at FSi. We know that bringing diverse cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives together drives innovation and creates a culture of creativity and respect.
FSi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities for employment and comply with all applicable laws. We explicitly prohibit any offensive behavior and we do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected under federal, state, or local law.
We base all employment decisions on merit, competence, skills, qualifications, performance, improvement, and business needs. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any employee, leader, or those we work with based on non-work related personal characteristics including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, ethnic origin, social origin, family or marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran’s status, military service, or any other classification protected by law.