Shoreline Transfer Station
King County Solid Waste
FSi provided mechanical consulting for the first transfer station to receive LEED Platinum certification. The station has a new 60,000 sf tipping floor and 8,000 sf of administrative offices. Mechanical systems include a hydraulic driven compactor, misting and dust collection systems, rainwater collection for process water use, and HVAC, plumbing and fire protection.
Awards and Recognition
- LEED Platinum Certification, US Green Building Council
- Judge’s Award for Sustainable Design, ACEC Washington
- Gold Environmental Award, ACEC Washington
- National Innovation Award, Solid Waste Association of North America
- Green Project of the Year, Northwest Construction Consumer Council
- Honorable Mention, Regional Top Ten Awards, AIA Seattle, What Makes it Green?
- Excellence in Building Green, King County