Join Our Team
FSi consulting engineers is growing, and looking for an experienced mechanical engineer ready to join a firm that values and rewards proactivity. As part of the FSi team, you will have opportunities to grow and develop your personal and technical skills and advance your career. FSi’s culture supports camaraderie and communication. Your contributions won’t be overlooked or unappreciated.
In our 30-year history, we have worked on a wide range of projects, and have been awarded design excellence awards and LEED Gold and Platinum ratings for our work. FSi is the prime consultant on the majority of our projects, giving you the opportunity to use and grow your project management skills. Our projects range from Boeing aircraft paint facilities to a LEED Gold city hall. Our clients include many public agencies and major companies in the Pacific Northwest. Our work is unique, not a cookie cutter duplicate of past designs.
FSi is located in Seattle’s Pioneer Square. FSi offers a generous package of health insurance, flexible working hours, 401k, subsidized public transportation, and other benefits.
Mechanical Project Engineer
• HVAC and plumbing engineering
• Sustainable design
• BIM design
• Design-related client communication
• Design task management for projects
• Meeting and exceeding client expectations
• Mentoring less experienced engineers
• Work with principals on staffing, scope, and schedule issues
• Networking and developing business opportunities
• 6-12 years of experience designing building HVAC and plumbing systems
• BSME or equal
• PE and LEED AP preferred
• Demonstrated success managing design teams and client relationships
• Commitment to beating client expectations
• Experience providing investigation and construction period services
• Willingness/ability to communicate – both speaking and listening
• Willingness/ability to give and receive feedback
• Pacific Northwest experience preferred
• BIM experience is a plus
• Desire to create sustainable solutions and energy-conserving designs
To apply, please e-mail your cover letter and resume here.
About the job:
As the part-time administrative assistant, you will be the face and voice of FSi to visitors and callers, so strong communication skills, professionalism, and good judgment are a must. The job responsibilities include answering phones, receiving visitors, scheduling events and meetings, running errands, writing and revising documents, and supporting the Administrative and Marketing Department.
This is a part-time position (24-32 hours per week), with opportunities to grow as our company grows.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an AA, BA, or equivalent experience
• Have 3+ years of experience in an office or customer service setting.
• Have strong Microsoft Office skills
• Be an asset to our team, willing to pitch in to do what it takes to keep our company running smoothly
• Be proactive, independent, dependable, efficient, able to multi-task, creative, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Have strong professional and persuasive writing skills
• Be interested in learning new skills
• Experience with Adobe InDesign, social media, WordPress, marketing, and the architecture/engineering/construction industry are desirable.
Physical requirements: The position involves a combination of sitting at our front office reception desk, and running errands. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time, and to lift 30 pounds.
FSi is located in Seattle’s Pioneer Square. FSi offers a generous package of health insurance, flexible working hours, 401k, subsidized public transportation, bonuses, profit sharing, and other benefits.
Diverse applicants are encouraged to apply! FSi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, or any other protected class.
Tell us about you! Please send your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample if available, here.